Cyber Monday is upon us, not to mention the rest of the holiday shopping season, and with it comes an excellent opportunity for you to help us fund our adoption by shopping online. It won’t cost you any extra money, just a bit of time to register through OneCause.com.
OneCause is a nontraditional fundraising program in which online merchants donate a percentage of the sales made through the OneCause website to a charity of your choice. A number of merchants that I already order from are part of OneCause, including Amazon.com, Target, iTunes, Gap, J. Crew, and my fave, Boden. We have registered with OneCause to support the National Adoption Foundation, and the National Adoption Foundation will give 50% of what is raised back to us. That means that if a retailer gives 2% of the sale back to OneCause, we would get 1% and the National Adoption Foundation would get 1% to continue their good work. So here’s how you make it happen:
1. Click here to be taken to the OneCause page for the National Adoption Foundation.
2. Click on “Support this Cause” and register.
3. Once you are registered, click on the My Home tab and find the “Supporter Crediting” link on the left hand side, under the “My Profile Settings” heading.
4. Check the “Enroll in the National Adoption Foundation Supporter Crediting Program” box.
5. Enter firstname.lastname@example.org as the e-mail address in the box provided.
6. Remember to log into OneCause to do your internet shopping. Use the “Search Merchants” box in the upper right hand corner to find the merchants you usually use, and take advantage of the ability to favorite the ones you use the most.
And that’s it! Happy shopping!